The focus of this SDG is to ensure and promote a healthy life and good well-being at all ages.
“Conveying good professional and managerial values in our education programmes
all along a Mazarian’s professional development is a key dimension of our social responsibility,
as well as a trademark of Mazars and a discerning factor in our thought leadership.”
– Laurent Choain, Chief People, Education & Culture at Mazars Group
On a global scale, the focus of SDG no. 3 is on reduction of infant mortality, improvement of health for mothers and fight diseases in spreading. These areas have improved significantly since 1990, but it is still an area with room for improvement and that is why it has our attention. SDG no. 3 commits to end epidemics such as AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, and other contagious diseases before year 2030. It will be done by health insurance, medicine available and vaccines for all.
Currently, the world is facing a global health crisis with the Covid-19 pandemic, inflicting human suffering, destabilizing the economy, and taking lives. It should give rise to reflection among all of us on how this goal has been challenged during 2020 and is more important than ever before. At the same time, we have seen governments and people help each other.
At Mazars in Denmark we want to contribute to this agenda, both in our office and around the world. All efforts converge towards advancing the sustainable development agenda. Our initiatives within SDG no. 3 are among others:
- Creating a modern work environment;
- Flexible working schemes;
- Reaction to substantiate work/life balance;
- Perform regular workplace assessments (APV);
- Ensure access to a healthy diet and correct ergonomic conditions;
- Provide safe and responsible working conditions and communication in a time with covid-19;
- Raising funds to fight diseases such as cancer and sclerosis;
- Supporting among others “Doctors without borders” and “The ChildrensPhone” by Children’s Welfare (Børns Vilkår); and
- Our very own CLIP accredited Mazars University – the top accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development.
There is still much to be done to achieving the SDG no. 3 “Good health and well-being” before 2030. We are committed to playing our part.